Thursday, December 20, 2007

Brewers interested in Lofton

As I have speculated for a couple weeks now, the Brewers are believed to have interest in Kenny Lofton. He has a very high OBP and plays great defense, but he his not very good against lefties. I think that the Brewers could give Lofton a little benefit of the doubt on this aspect, though.

This signing could give the Brewers the opportunity to move Bill Hall to 3B and Braun to LF. At least, this is what I've been reading and has been speculated. I cannot imagine that much movement. If Lofton was signed, he would probably just be placed in LF and bat leadoff for the team. I'm still not sure how I would feel about this signing. As one of our readers has put, teams with Lofton on it never NOT go to the playoffs. Maybe he should just be signed for this reason!

It is also reported that the Brewers are interested in Luis Gonzalez. I really like the guy and I think he's a great player, but I hope that is not true. He would be a great leader, but he could not bat leadoff for the Crew. I'd much rather have Lofton.

No comments: