Friday, December 21, 2007

Brewers interested in Lofton?

UPDATE 12-21-07 3:30pm - Doug Melvin said that he has not talked to Kenny Lofton's agent for weeks.

This is probably because the Brewers just signed Kapler.

_____________________________________________________
As I have speculated for a couple weeks now, the Brewers are believed to have interest in Kenny Lofton. He has a very high OBP and plays great defense, but he his not very good against lefties. I think that the Brewers could give Lofton a little benefit of the doubt on this aspect, though.

This signing could give the Brewers the opportunity to move Bill Hall to 3B and Braun to LF. At least, this is what I've been reading and has been speculated. I cannot imagine that much movement. If Lofton was signed, he would probably just be placed in LF and bat leadoff for the team. I'm still not sure how I would feel about this signing. As one of our readers has put, teams with Lofton on it never NOT go to the playoffs. Maybe he should just be signed for this reason!

It is also reported that the Brewers are interested in Luis Gonzalez. I really like the guy and I think he's a great player, but I hope that is not true. He would be a great leader, but he could not bat leadoff for the Crew. I'd much rather have Lofton.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm....there's already a Brewers Nation....http://brewernation.mlblogs.com/

jimmyb1799 said...

There's "The Brewer Nation," but not a "BrewersNation."

I apologize if you think I'm copying someone...but I would think there could be other things to worry about...such as what other moves Melvin is going to make, or how the Brewers are going to do in 08...not so much that another blog is called "The Brewer Nation." Thanks for bringing that to my attention though, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

No no no, I did not mean to imply that you were copying, and apologize if that's how it came off. I was just saying. It is a good name, I must admit.

Anonymous said...

Come on man, you gotta update this!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but did you HONESTLY say that teams with Lofton on them never go to the playoffs?

2000 and 2005.

Those are the TWO seasons since 1995 are the only two seasons that he has missed the playoffs.

So...yea..

Rooster said...

Actually he said that teams with Lofton never DON'T go to the playoffs. so yeah.