Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ex-Brewer Jenkins to the Phillies

UPDATE 12-20-07 4:30PM - As someone rightly pointed out, Jenkins actually signed with the Phillies. I had conflicting reports and I cited the source that a separate blog reported. I apologize for the mix-up. Thanks for the tip!

_____________________________________________________
Geoff Jenkins is now a member of the San Diego Padres, ESPN.com reports. It is believed to be a tw0-year deal, worth around $13MM. He is going to play only against righties, as it was with the Brew Crew.

That is a ridiculous amount for a platoon player, I believe. That is why the Brewers did not renew his contract. I still wish him luck with the Padres, but I'm at a loss for why someone would pay that much for a player on the downswing of his career and cannot hit lefties for the life of him. He does play excellent defense...I'll give him that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm...did you read the story you linked to? The Phillies are signing him, not the Padres.